June 26, 2015 | Posted in
Sherwood Park is the place to be this Canada Day! As we celebrate our great nation’s 148th birthday, no place in Alberta has more events and activities going on in one place. From a pancake breakfast first thing in the morning to a dazzling fireworks show at night, the day is packed full with more than ten different activities–many that are free! Here is my guide to the Top 5 things you must do to celebrate Canada Day in Strathcona County:
1. Buy a Wristband: Before Canada Day, buy a $5 wristband from any of 5 locations in Sherwood Park. These wristbands are only available in advance but will give you unlimited access to the paid activities and events on Canada Day (and save you money, too):
2. Download the App: Canada Day Festival 2015 – Strathcona County App is available for iOs and Android and is your handy pocket guide to where to go, what to do, and where to eat that day. With handy information on times and any applicable pricing, you have it all at your fingertips!
3. Grab a Seat for the Parade: Finish you free pancake breakfast, then pick your parade spot.
4. Teen Events: Have teenagers in tow? Canada Day in Strathcona County is a real family affair with events for all ages. Teens can check out PaintNite at Broadmoor Lake Plaza and get painting with a local artist, check out a dance party on the Community Centre Patio, or rock out with Canadian classic rock band Lighthouse at a free concert.
5. Stay for the Fireworks: Is there anything more celebratory than fireworks? They’re the perfect way to end the day and say “Happy Birthday!” The show starts at 11 pm at Broadmoor Lake. Scope out the perfect spot around 10:30 pm or so.
Click here for more information